Ion exchange demineralization of water is frequently accomplished by in-plant deionizers which automatically regenerate on a pre-set frequency, consuming acid and caustic and discharging a waste stream containing high concentrations of the acid and caustic. These systems are expensive to purchase and are very maintenance intensive.
Service Deionization, also referred to as “Portable Exchange Deionization”, uses tanks containing deionization resin plumbed into your process with flexible connectors and exchanged upon exhaustion by tanks regenerated at a WaterProfessionals® Service Center.
Advantages of Service Deionization include:
- No chemicals or hazardous waste; no frequent OSHA-required hazardous chemical training, no diking or other special containment, no waste treatment.
- Elimination of maintenance costs. The WaterProfessionals® exchange exhausted tanks as required.
- No capital investment. You pay per tank exchange or per 1000 gallons of demineralized water consumed – your choice.
- Flexibility to meet varying flow requirements and water quality. Flows from 0.5 gpm to 500 gpm and quality from 50,000 ohm-cm to 18,000,000 ohm-cm.
- Temporary, emergency response: the WaterProfessionals® can deliver and install deionization tanks within a 500-mile radius of a Service Center within 24 hours or less or dispatch trailers capable of flowing 250 gpm each in a matter of six hours or less.
- Metals recovery / Waste Treatment: this technology is often used to remove heavy metals from waste streams to meet NPDES or other discharge permit requirements. Tanks are regenerated by a licensed resource recovery facility and the recovered metals sold for recycling.
- Outsourcing: many companies choose this option as a long-term solution for their demineralized water requirements.