Industrial Water Treatment Quiz
Test your knowledge of industrial water treatment by taking this short quiz. The answers to these questions can be found on various webpages across this website. If you get stumped, click on the link beneath each question to find the answer and get a perfect score!
1. Which of the following methods is NOT used to activate the carbon in an activated carbon filter?
A. Steam Activation
B. Chemical Activation
C. High-Pressure Activation
2. Ultraviolet disinfection systems typically use what wavelength of UV light?
3. What is glauconite commonly coated with prior to being used as filter media in a greensand filter?
A. Carbon Dioxide
B. Manganese Dioxide
C. Silicon Dioxide
4. What does SDI stand for?
A. Silt Density Index
B. Silt Density Ingredients
C. Silt Density Impact
5. What is the molecular weight cut-off for contaminants able to be removed with Ultrafiltration?
A. 99 – 102 Daltons
B. 103 – 105 Daltons
C. 102 – 104 Daltons
6. True or False? Portable Exchange Deionization does NOT require OSHA hazardous chemical training.
7. What are the two most common resins used in the ion exchange process?
A. Anion & Cation
B. Garnet & Anthracite
C. Biocides & Carbon
8. Ozone is a form of what?
The answer to this question can be found here: Ozonation
9. When water has high alkalinity levels, which of these is the best treatment process?
10. What is pilot testing?
A. An aviation test given to airline pilots
B. A test to verify if the pilot light on a boiler is lit
C. A small-scale trial of water treatment equipment
Thanks for taking our Industrial Water Treatment Quiz. You got Number Right Here.